What: Dunedin Coastal Clean-up
When: 12pm Saturday February 27 2016
Where: Beaches and coastal environments around Dunedin. You choose the area and go for it.
Meeting place: St Kilda Lifesaving Club
Join us at the meeting place and collect your rubbish bags and gloves. You can then head out to a coastal area of your choice to clean up.
Bring collected rubbish back to the meeting place by 3pm for sorting and removal.
Places to clean:
- John Wilson Ocean Drive/Ocean Beach (Coastal Dune areas) From 12 pm
- Any other coastal environment of your choice (own transport required)
High tide is at: 7.46 AM
Low tide is at: 2.30 PM
What to bring:
- Closed-toe and sturdy shoes (such as sports shoes/ cross trainers/ tramping boots)
- Warm clothing: Check the weather and dress appropriately
- Sun screen and hat
- Camera (please send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Lunch and snacks
This event is open to everyone who would like to take part in keeping Dunedin’s coastline clean and beautiful, however under 18 year olds must be supervised by a parent or guardian. We recommend looking for rubbish in pairs or groups for safety (and some good company).
When you are done with your rubbish collecting, please bring it back to the meeting place for sorting and collection. If you cannot bring the rubbish back (too heavy or hazardous), make sure that you leave your rubbish protected from wind and well above the high tide mark. Provide us with clear instructions of where it is and we can pick it up later.
For more information please email: email@example.com