Toxic Algae - Caution Advised

Toxic algae can be a concern at this site.  It is important that you use your own judgement before getting into the water. If the water is bright green like pea soup, stay out.

Extra care should be taken with toddlers and dogs as they like to put things into their mouths and even a small amount the size of a 50-cent piece can be enough to cause serious harm if consumed.  Symptoms may include skin rashes, asthma attacks, rapid onset of nausea and diarrhoea.  If you become sick after swimming, contact your health professional.

Blooms will naturally dissipate in time.