The Collaborative Stakeholder Group, that represents you in the development of policy to protect our water, hopes to see you at this workshop, where you can:
- find out what’s happening in Healthy Rivers: Plan for Change/Wai Ora: He Rautaki Whakapaipai
- get involved in discussions with the Collaborative Stakeholder Group and give them your thoughts, which they'll use in finalising their recommended solutions.
Discussions will be on:
- their long term vision for the Waikato and Waipa river catchments (restoring and protecting the water quality in the rivers, to achieve the community’s values and the Vision and Strategy for the Waikato River)
- their thinking on limiting nitrogen, phosphorus, E.coli and sediment entering water, to achieve community values
- what timeframes (or ‘targets’) could look like for achieving the limits under different water quality scenarios
- potential economic, social, environmental and cultural impacts of limits under a range of water quality scenarios
- policy options (regulatory and non-regulatory) being explored for achieving limits and targets.
Everybody is welcome and registration is not required. The workshop is facilitated, so please arrive in time for a 6.30pm start.