Consultation 1 - Roxburgh
Monday 4 December 2017
Roxburgh Town Hall
132 Scotland Street
1.00pm - 3.00pm
We know that water is important to different people for different reasons. We want to understand what you think is important about water in the Clutha/Mata-au, its lakes and main upper catchment tributaries. For example:
- Do you use the Clutha/Mata-au, Kawarau and Hawea rivers or Lakes Wakatipu, Wanaka Hawea, Dunstan or Roxburgh for recreation? (i.e. do you swim, play, fish, throw stones, or gold pan in these rivers or lakes?)
- Do you take water from these water bodies for animal drinking water or household supply?
- Do you have a commercial activity that depends on water supply from these water bodies (i.e. farm. tourism operation, other business)?
- Do you place a high value on the rich and diverse ecosystems in our rivers and lakes?
- Do these rivers or lakes play an important role in your personal history, your cultural heritage or that of your community?
- Are you concerned about the state of these rivers and lakes (Do the current flow or water levels allow fish and other species to continue to thrive in your local area? Do they allow you to continue to enjoy the rivers and the lakes?)
At the start of each session, there will be a brief presentation on the purpose of the plan change and its process. Following this, there will be the opportunity to view information on the purpose of the plan change and its process, and view information on the rivers, lakes, and groundwater at your pace, provide feedback and discuss your views with staff.
If you are unable to attend the session from the beginning, you are welcome to drop in at any time during the session to view information and give your views to ORC staff.