learn

Toxic algae warning for Hamilton Burn at Affleck Road

Environment Southland's latest monitoring has detected elevated levels of potentially toxic algae in the Hamilton Burn at Affleck Road. These algae can be harmful to people and animals if swallowed, or through contact with skin. People and animals –dogs in particular – should avoid contact with the water until health warnings are removed. For more information and to see our frequently asked questions on toxic algae, go to www.es.govt.nz/toxic-algae.